Prelude: Piazza di San Pietro

(Page 15 of 20)

“Sir, my father was Stregoni Benefici, and I fail to understand how my genetic makeup would have anything to do with my loyalty to the company.”

“And why is it I have demon spittle on my lapel?”

“I apologize sir. The patient’s abilities were underestimated.”

“Well,” he looked at Demetrius, who still watched as blood calmly its pump to and from his heart, “perhaps we underestimated him.”

“Sir, I…”

“You’re dismissed, agent.” Cheval straightened his tie and boldly stepped back into the holding cell. “Now then. Demetrius…”

Samantha stepped away, angry at the fact that an infant chastised her, not to mention his having significantly more corporate power than herself. She had no control over the situation, but still remained upset for underestimating Demetrius’ ability a second time. Last night in the Holy See, she thought he was going to be a simple tag and bag. She was dead wrong, and her partner was fighting to keep her soul because of it.

No comments:

Creative Commons License